Wednesday, March 14, 2012

I just want internet.... And random updates

Insert sad face here > :( We STILL do not have internet. This is getting a bit ridiculous. The phone/internet company came out on Monday to try to hook things up for us. I wasn't there because James had surgery for a hernia (which he did just fine), so we had a friend hang out at the house for us. Anyhow, we knew that the company may have to go in the neighbor's house (crazy cat lady). We had previously spoke to her and she was fine with letting them in. However, Monday she would NOT let them in at all! Apparently she was very rude about it and denied access to her house. I guess there isn't a spare line to my house, so the company needed to try to add one from hers, or look at her box to build me a new one for my house. I don't really know what the deal is, but they need access to her place. And she's not letting them do it. I don't want to even talk to her about it because I'm sure I would go off and just look like the pissy American. But, I'll tell you what, next time I see one of her damn stray cats in the street I may not slow down for them (ok, maybe I will, but I'll give them dirty looks). Besides, they spray in our garage, on our car tires, bushes in the yard, even the kids' bikes! Its NASTY!!

Speaking of garage, we still don't have garage doors on yet (which explains the ability for the cats to spray things in there). We should be getting them *hopefully* in a few weeks. It will definitely help with the cat issue.

The kids are really enjoying it here in Germany. Kylee has made a really good friend who lives in our village. Its nice that she finally has a friend who is a girl, poor kid had only boy friends back in Minot. Kylee is doing amazingly well in school. She had adjusted well to the harder work even. That kid amazes me with her reading abilities. Kylee starts T-ball in April. She is really excited about playing. I hope she really likes it. Wyatt is not in preschool here. I figured I would keep him at home until he starts Kindergarten next year. (YIKES) I register him for Kindergarten at the end of this month. I still can't believe Wyatt and my nephew, Ean, are going to be Kindergarteners! Scary thought!!

Softball season has started for me. I am on the base team, the Lady Sabers. We will be traveling all over Germany for tournaments and even Italy and England!! I'm loving being back on a softball field... I didn't realize how much I missed it until now. I've also met a few friends in the village and on the team. In fact, one girl went to High school with me in Pearland! Crazy huh?! She was a year younger than me. We were not friends, but knew of each other and have mutual friends as well. Small world.

James likes the shop he works at, at least thats what he tells me. He seems to get a long with the guys which always makes work a bit better. Like I said earlier, he had surgery on Monday to correct a hernia. His surgery went well and he's starting to move around a bit more. He'll have two weeks off before he heads back to work.

By the way, I'm up at the coffee shop on base using their wifi :D I'm hoping to get here once a week at least to get onto the internet. I'm starting to have withdrawals. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment