Sunday, January 13, 2013

Recipe: Oreo Cupcakes

These Oreo Cupcakes are one of my favorite dessert recipes found on Pinterest. I stumbled upon it when I was trying to find a good recipe for our softball team's bake sale last year. These were a HUGE hit with the family, my husband's squadron (really, I get requests for these from his airman), and sold out pretty quickly at the sale. You can't go wrong with these babies, other than the calories



Ingredients
1 pkg Oreo cookies (regular sized)
1 pkg Mini Oreo cookies
1 pkg Chocolate cake mix (and any ingredients the box calls for)
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup butter, softened
3 3/4 cup powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place cupcake liners in cupcake tin. In each liner place 1 regular sized oreo in the bottom. Mix cake mix according to directions and set aside. Chop up about half of the remaining regular sized Oreos and mix into the cake mix. Fill liners with cake mixture and bake 18-20 minutes.

Cream together butter and cream cheese, add the vanilla extract. Crush half the bag of mini Oreos. (I use my VitaMix but chopping them very fine will work as well). Frost the cupcakes after they have cooled completely. Add a mini Oreo to the top of the frosting. Enjoy! 

2 comments:

  1. Hello!

    Your cupcakes look so good, I good use one right now:) I'm your newest follower from the blog hop, have a great week!


    Carissa
    Lillies & Silk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Carissa. They are delicious... but I was too afraid to try them for a while. I knew if I tried them I couldn't stop eating them. The fifth time I made them I finally had one, and OMG... delicious! Off to check out your blog :D

      Lacey

      Delete